For this week's #throwbackthursday post, we're looking back at a 2013 blog from SEMRush on silly mistakes marketers make when it comes to pay per click campaigns. Curious to know what those are? You can check out the original article, but if you don't have time to read the whole thing...no worries...here are the down-and-dirty mistakes you want to avoid in your campaign:
- Don't bid on lame keywords
- Don't bid on your own name
- Don't send people to a landing page that doesn't relate
- Don't repeat your ad copy
- Don't forget to diversify
All great tips - even five years later, these "don'ts" still largely apply. But we think there are a few "do's" worth mentioning, too...so read on to learn four (more) things you should do to ensure you have a successful pay per click campaign.