Want to quickly hone in on the most important SEO enhancements that you can make to increase traffic, leads and conversions?
We've compiled this list of SEO fixes and best practices that you can implement right away to start seeing results quickly:
- Use meta titles and descriptions for your top 20 pages. Identify the top 20 pages on your web site (usually your homepage and your company's top products services), then make sure that you have a unique meta title and meta description for each page. Search engines don't care about meta keywords anymore, but they love keyword-rich meta titles and descriptions.
- Submit your XML site map to search engines weekly--or better yet, have your webmaster set it up so that it automatically submits when changes are made or on a regular basis.
- Get social. The importance of consistent social networking cannot be overemphasized! Don't wait to get a pretty Facebook page or a fabulous header for your Twitter account. Search engines don't care about that and most users get their social updates via their phone, email or other external tools--so they will never see your beautiful artwork. Remember that the #1 reason you want to be posting to social networks is that search engines rank you MUCH higher if they see that other people find your content important.
- Include clear calls-to-action and relevant offers on your web site's top pages and on blog posts, email blasts and landing pages. You have to be very clear regarding your SINGLE goal for each page or marketing piece--what is the ONE thing that you want users to do on this page? Calls to action should be very visible "above the fold" (i.e. at the top of the page before users scroll down) on all pages except blog posts, where they can go at the end of the post.
- Create content that matters to USERS. Think like a user and remember the "What's in it for me?" rule. They don't care how many bells and whistles your newest gadget has or how experienced your team is AS MUCH as they care what that means for them. Provide concrete, practical information that will have a clear benefit to them, such as how you will save them time, save them money, provide easier access to best practices or offer other clear benefits. This is THE best way to get more traffic and convert leads into customers. This applies to your web site content, blog posts, landing pages or calls to action, but it is even more important for your "offers"--i.e. the things that you will give to users if they take action. Examples include white papers, checklists, reports, ebooks, webinars or anything else that you can give away. The time that you invest in these will be paid back tenfold.
Want help putting any of these SEO suggestions into practice? Contact Flair today to find out how we can help.